Infection Control Statement
An annual infection control statement is generated each year by Bharani Medical Centre
- Any infection transmission incidents and actions taken (these will be reported in accordance with our Significant Event procedure)
- The annual infection control audit summary and actions undertaken
- Control risk assessments undertaken
- Details of staff training (both as part of induction and annual training ) with regards to infection prevention & control
- Details of infection control advice to patients
- Any reviews and update of policies, procedures and guidelines
Bharani Medical Centre Lead for Infection Prevention/Control is Jeannette Gulliford, Lead Practice Nurse.
The lead keeps up to date with infection prevention & control practices and share necessary information with staff and patients throughout the year.
In the past year there have been no significant events as regards infection control.
An infection control audit was undertaken in March 2022.
The outstanding action was:
Security of outside clinical waste bin – the action was to secure to the wall.
Regular risk assessments are undertaken to minimise the risk of infection and to ensure the safety of patients and staff.
Risk assessments include COSSHH assessment
- SELDEN TO66
- Selgene Ultra
All staff undertake infection control training. This is via an on-line training provider. There is inflection control training for clinical staff and non-clinical staff
A hand hygiene audit was conducted for all staff and all staff met the standards.
Infection Control Advice to Patients
Information is available to patients on