An annual infection control statement is generated each year by Bharani Medical Centre
It will summarise:
- Any infection transmission incidents and action taken (these will be reported in accordance with our Significant Event procedure
- The annual infection control audit summary and actions undertaken
- Control risk assessments undertaken
- Details of staff training (both as part of induction and annual training) with regards to infection prevention & control
- Details of infection control advise to patients
- Any review and update of policies, procedures and guidelines.
Bharani Medical Centre Lead for Infection Prevention /Control is Jeanette Gulliford, Lead Practice Nurse.
This team keep updated with infection prevention & control practices and share necessary information with staff and patients throughout the year.
In the past year there have been 1 significant events that related to infection prevention & control. This was investigated by the CCG and did not relate to the practice.
An infection control was undertaken in January 2020.
The outstanding action:
Room 1 Floor - A risk assessment was undertaken for this.
Regular risk assessments are undertaken to minimise the risk of infection and to ensure the safety of patients and staff.
Risk assessments include COSSHH assessment.
COSSH assessments include:
All staff undertake infection control training. This is via an on-line training provider. There is infection control training for clinical staff and non-clinical staff.
A hand hygiene was conducted for all staff and all staff met the standards.
Infection Control Advice to Patients:
There are leaflets/posters available in the Medical Centre/Surgery on:
Policies, procedures and guidelines.
Documents related to infection prevention & control are reviewed in line with national and local guidance changes and are updated 2-yearly (or sooner in the event on new guidance).